Monday, October 19, 2020

The Trip that was: October 19, 2017 /2018

 Slim pickings today.  Not that we didn't do anything, it's likely I was either too lazy, or too busy enjoying the day to take photos.  I'm calling that a good thing. 

  2017

The morning we left Bruges.  We did one last walk through the city before driving back to Amstelveen. This included a trip past the Church of Our Lady, and getting a selfie in front of Half Moon Brewing, which we forgot to do the day before. 

The entrance gate to Church of Our Lady.  Inside is the Michaelangelo's Madonna and Child.  It is the only statue done by the artist that left Italy in his lifetime. No photos allowed.  But to photograph it would be an injustice to its perfection.  


I'm trying my best to have crescent moon hair, courtesy of the wind. 

2018

We met up with Dutchboy's old friend who lives in Bakkeveen.  We drove to Oostellingwerf to have an afternoon drink and enjoy the warm sunshine in Friesland! 




Dinner that night was in Norg, at t'Wapen van Norg. I'll spare you photos of my fish dinner, but will instead share with you dessert. 

On that sweet note, Tot Ziens! 





        

No comments: