Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The Trip that as: October 21, 2017/2018

 2017

We visited the Nemo Science Museum with the nephews.  You've likely seen Nemo in some of my pictures of Amsterdam Harbor. It is the iconic verdigris copper building rising from the water like the prow of a ship. However, it isn't a ship at all! It is a museum building built to mimic the layout of the tunnel that is built upon! That's right, the foundation of Nemo is a car tunnel that goes under the IJ! But the best thing about Nemo is the observation deck that rises 22 meters above the harbor and give a beautiful view of Amsterdam! 






2018
Sometimes, when you're driving on the A9 you get behind a dream car. 


Another evening at the beach with the family.  The beaches are so wide-- I don't have to run from the waves like I do at American beaches.  That makes them much more user friendly, in my opinion!!! And they have fantastic sea-side restaurants that serve all manner of libations. Perfect scenario.



Often I pick up little "souvenirs" for people when I think of them.  A shell from a beach, or a rock from Pere Lachaise.  I've started photographing the item in the place I pick it up, so the person knows where it came from and the moment in my trip where they crossed my mind.  It's much more personal that way.  I wish I had started it years ago.  This should go without saying, but if you want to follow this practice,  PLEASE don't take anything from a protected area, or chip away at monuments! 

Tot Ziens!


No comments: