Monday, September 21, 2020

The Trip that was: September 21, 2008/2012/2015/2016/

 2008

We spent this day with two of Dutchboy's dearest friends at the Openlucht Museum in Arnhem.  This "open air" museum included over 100 vintage buildings and factories that were dismantled and reassemebled in Arnhem.  They showcase the history of every day life in the Netherlands.  And I've thrown in some animals, too. 
















The museum likes to include scary wax figures inside the buildings. 


I have NO idea why they have a massive collection of gnomes. 


2012
Artis!  Another day at the Zoo.  This time with friends-- not children! We ended up seeing more of the animals, I think.  I'm sharing some of my favorite animal photos from that day.  If you don't like animals, scroll on down.  







Kookaburras sitting on pipes...not as romantic as old gum trees.




TADA! 



Goats! I adore goats! 

2015
After two failed attempts to tour the Royal Palace on the Dam, Dutchboy and I made it inside!
















2016

I went to Naturalis in Leiden to visit an American who decided to make her home in the Netherlands. TRIX!  Excavated in Montana in 2013, Trix (named after Queen Beatrix), is the third most competely T-Rex skeleton ever found. She's estimated to be 30 years old, making her the oldest Tyrannosaurus discovered.  There's life in the old girl yet!!



After looking at bones, Naturalis had a hands on area for kids to "excavate" bones! Dutchboy jumped right in. 





No comments: